Majha Malwa Doaba: If you are from Punjab then you already know Punjab state is divided into 3 major regions Majha Malwa Doaba. The Punjab division has two main rivers flowing in Sutlej and Beas. You need to ask these things your grandparents earlier the areas divided by the river were deemed separate areas because of the difficulty of crossing the rivers.
These regions were often ruled by various rulers. The language, culture, and customs of these areas differ due to the lack of communication between the peoples of other parts of the river. But as time goes things and places have been changed in the last few decades.
Before moving to this article make sure you read whole article to get clear information about it.
Table of Contents
Majha Malwa Doaba Map
Most of us looking for Majha Malwa Doaba map. We have created a special map where you can easily understand each part of Majha Malwa Doaba map image. All you have to do is just scroll this post below down and you will able to see it.
|Region of Punjab||Rivers Names and Location||Language Spoken|
|Majha||Between Ravi and Beas||Majhi & Majhel|
|Malwa||South of Sutlej||Malwai|
|Doaba||Between Sutlej and Beas||Doabia|
Majha Area in Punjab
As I mentioned above Majha Area in Punjab located Between Ravi and Beas rivers. Majha Area has 4 major district like – Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Amritsar, Tarn Tarn.
- The region between Ravi and Beas rivers is known as Majha
- This region is also known as Bari doab.
- The literal meaning of Majha is in the middle’ or ‘at the center’. This area
- was in the middle of the erstwhile Punjab region
- ‘Majhi’ dialect of Punjabi is spoken in this region
- The people of this region are given the demonym ‘Majhel’
- Out of 22 districts of Punjab, 4 districts lie in this region
- The districts in the Majha region are: Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Amritsar and Tarn
- This area is also known as the ‘cradle of Sikhism’
Malwa Area in Punjab
Now let’s talk about Malwa Area in Punjab located south of river Sutle. Malwa has 11 major district like – Ludhiana, Rupnagar, Patiala, Sangrur, Bathinda, Mansa, Firozpur, Fazilka, Rajpura, Moga and Ajitgarh. Read more interesting thing about Malwa.
- The region towards the south of the Satluj river is known as Malwa
- Malwai’ dialect of Punjabi is spoken in this region
- The people of this region are given the demonym ‘Malwai’
- Out of 22 districts of Punjab, 14 districts lie in this region
- The districts in the Malwa region are: Barnala, Bathinda, Fatehgarh
- Sahib, Faridkot, Fazilka, Firozpur, Ludhiana, Mansa, Moga,
- Mohali, Muktsar, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur
Doaba Area in Punjab
We are last district which Doaba in Punjab. Doaba Area is Punjab located in between the Beas and Sutlej rivers. This disrcit popular for NRI Hub of Punjab.
- The area between the Beas and Sutlej rivers is known as Doaba.
- This area is also called Bisht Doab or Jalandhar Doab.
- The word doaba literally means the area between two rivers.
- Punjabi is spoken in this area
- The people here have been given the name ‘Doabia’.
- Doaba Out of 22 districts of Punjab, 4 districts fall under this area.
- The districts of Doaba region are: Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Hoshiarpur and New City (Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar)
- The land in this area is one of the most fertile in the world.
- Due to the large number of people living in the region living abroad, this region sometimes known as the NRI Hub of Punjab.
I hope you know get clear information about Majha Malwa Doaba. But in this post we haven’t covered what are famous popular comes under in Punjab.
Majha Malwa Doaba Cities
Here we have made a list for Majha Malwa Doaba Cities. The list come with 3 variation check you below.
|Majha Cities||Malwa Cities||Doaba Cities|
That’s for all for today I hope you like this post about Majha Malwa Doaba. If you ahve any question or regarding this psot you can comment your belwo.